Spring Valley Care Home
Complex Care Centre Located at:
355 Terai Court
Kelowna, British Columbia
Spring Valley residents enjoy life in Kelowna, the largest city in the southern interior, which has all the amenities of a major city and the stunning beauty of a lakeside resort.
Spring Valley is nestled in the heart of the city in a quiet residential neighbourhood known as Spring Valley. Originally named Windsor Manor, the facility was renamed to reflect the neighbourhood. A major $2 million upgrade in 2009 improved the facility with bright new colours, dining areas, and upgrades to equipment to better serve residents.
An accredited 150 bed residential care home, Spring Valley specializes in providing customized care for the physically frail and cognitively challenged. All clients receive 24 hour professional care in a supportive and homelike environment.
Spring Valley offers a client centered approach to care and service, which is summarized in the facility motto to "Suit Yourself." At all times, staff strive to provide an extended family concept for all residents. At Spring Valley, each resident is asked “How do you want to live here?” The answers are written down in a resident “My Day” journal which guides the staff in providing care and service.
Accommodation & Services:
- A mixture of private and semi-private rooms
- All rooms are furnished, but personal furnishings are welcome at any time
- Each room has a two piece en-suite.
- Bathing facilities available in each area and have been developed using the Spa concept, which makes a visit to the Spa a highlight of the day
- Laundry services provided seven days a week
- Housekeeping services provided seven days a week
- A maintenance person is available and on site 5 days a week – on call 24/7
Meals & more
- Three home cooked meals a day prepared on site
- Meals are supplied to residents by a "your choice" meal service
- Residents dine in a home-like atmosphere which gives them the opportunity to see and smell foods that are being offered and to choose what they want to eat and how much
- Nourishing meals are served each day and snacks are provided
- For residents who occasionally choose not to eat in one of the dining rooms, meals can be provided in their room
- A parlour area available for families to enjoy private meals with their loved one: this area provides use of fridge, stove, dishes and cutlery - ask for details
- Guest meals are available at a nominal cost
Social & Recreational Programs
Amenities include a family dining and private party room which is available upon request, lounges, outdoor decks and gardens which are available for everyone to use, secure outdoor recreation areas, walkways and gazebos. There is also a very active recreation program that includes fun and fitness, games, crafts, outdoor and indoor celebrations, music and pet programs, entertainment and more.
A Resident/Family Council meets monthly and provides input on activities, meals and desired amenities for the home.