Hilton Villa Care Home
13525 Hilton Road
Surrey, British Columbia
Hilton Villa Care Centre offers a wide range of quality programs and recognizes that individual residents have differing physical, social, psychological, cultural and spiritual requirements for the maintenance of their health, dignity and self-esteem.
At Hilton Villa Care Centre, assistance is never more than a few feet away. We are a home-like, safe and secure environment that is respectful of the independence and dignity of residents. The highly qualified staff that make up the care giving team at Hilton Villa is committed to achieving professional excellence in the provision of health care. One of our unique programs provides ethnic dishes to meet the needs of our diverse population.
Currently, Hilton Villa has a mix of private and semi-private rooms. Some residents prefer private rooms while others welcome shared space, since sharing a room prevents residents from becoming socially isolated and withdrawn. The private rooms are available to accommodate residents who have difficulty integrating with others or who would prefer privacy.
The addition of new private rooms in our new South Wing provides greater opportunity for residents to have their own rooms. Given the home's location, views of B.C.’s coastal mountains can be seen from many of the windows.
Hilton Villa has three floors, each serving residents with varying levels of need :
- The Garden Floor is reserved for residents that are able to maintain a significant level of independence and activity. This smaller neighbourhood creates a friendly and high spirited community.These rooms are also part of our new Intermediate Care option.
- The Main Floor specializes in care, services and programs for those residents that have clinical or physical challenges. The staffing are selected based on their knowledge and experience in providing support to these clients with mobility and/or chronic conditions.
- The Second Floor provides a safe and secure environment for residents who are cognitively impaired. The higher staffing ratio is designed to assist in the increased care needs associated with dementias. Mental Health works in collaboration with Hilton Villa to ensure that residents with complex behaviors are still able to have their quality of life improved through care. There is also a palliative care room on this floor to allow residents and their family privacy during the dying process.
- Our new South Wing added 64 new beds, divided into neighbourhoods, each with its own dining area and activity space. The South Wing also houses our new Intermediate Care program - an affordable alternative for individuals and families who need supported services but do not require full nursing care and are not eligible for government-funded beds.
- 24 hour Professional Nursing Services
- Continuing Medical Supervision
- Dietitian Consultation
- Recreation/Social Programs
- Pharmacy Services
- Housekeeping and Laundry Services
- Music Therapy
- Podiatry/Foot Care
- Dental Hygiene
- Chaplain Services
- Hairdressing and Barber Services
- Tuck Shop
- Massage Therapy
- Dietary Team
- Long Term Care Aides
For a peek at the latest Hilton Villa Activity Calendar and Newsletter, please visit our Newsletters/Calendars Page.
The Caring Team
Hilton Villa’s residents are served by a full spectrum of professional and non-professional care practitioners. This team works collaboratively as an interdisciplinary group in conjunction with the resident and their family to ensure the best and most appropriate care. Residents and family are an important part of the team to ensure that the resident’s needs, wants and desires are being recognized and honored. This holistic approach entails asking each resident “How do you wish to live here?” and in documenting the response in “My Day”, which then forms the basis of how staff serve and care for that resident.
Hilton Villa achieved national accreditation in May 2005 from the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation and again in 2008 and 2011. This accreditation recognizes excellence in care and provides Park Place and Hilton Villa with a framework to ensure standards are being met on an ongoing basis.
Hilton Villa is truly “… a great place to live!”